Managing Director and Chairman
30 years of quantity surveying and general contracting experience including on site project management, Ian has been with the company for 22 years and before his current appointment, was surveying director and deputy managing director
With overall experience in all aspects of commercial management, he has been instrumental in directing the company through the transition into “best practice” procurement methods and has been involved at a fundamental level in developing all of Surgo’s partnering projects to date.
Additional current roles include building and developing closer ties with key clients and extending the partnering ethos.
- A highly motivated team leader.
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial with ability to motivate the team to achieve objectives on schedule.
- Dedicated to teamwork and fully committed to ‘getting the job done’ and meeting the client’s needs.
Achievements and Experience
- · Responsible for financial management of large scale projects in the northern area including many projects in the residential and care sectors and in recent years, a large number of educational projects.
- · Arranged and acted as co-tutor during internal team building courses
- · Involved with CITB/NFB and University of Northumbria in initiative concerned with training and recruitment.
- · Author of ‘Commercial Management in Construction’
Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Building
Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts